The holidays are here and we couldn’t be more excited at our Orlando Toyota family of dealerships! It’s finally time to host holiday parties, decorate the tree, listen to Christmas carols, and wrap presents. We also love to see all of the different holiday decorations around Central Florida, including those that adorn the cars of some of our local drivers! However, as fun as it is to get your ride into the holiday state of mind, you also want to make sure your decorations are safe and don’t impact your drive time or the drive time of those around you. We’ve got tips on how you can safely get your new Toyota in Orlando into the holiday spirit!
Get into the holiday spirit with your new Toyota in Orlando
- Christmas lights: If you’re going to be putting Christmas lights on your new Toyota, be sure to do it safely! You definitely want to check out the rules before you light things up – there are laws in place in regards to aftermarket lighting on vehicles to help keep traffic conditions safe. Do a little research to see what the rules are in your town before you start decorating your vehicle with Christmas lights. Also, be sure to secure the lights so they don’t catch wind and go flying off your car when you hit the road!
- Wreaths and bows: Lots of new Toyota drivers like to put wreaths or bows on the grille of their car, and we think it looks great. However, you should be sure that it’s the correct size – it shouldn’t hang below the front bumper of the car, nor should it obstruct your view at all. You should also secure it to your Orlando Toyota with wire or heavy-duty string to make sure it doesn’t fall off while you’re out on the roads!
- Reindeer antlers: Some drivers like to decorate their new Toyota in Orlando with reindeer antlers, similar to how some drivers will put flags on their car to support a sports team. They generally latch onto your car’s windows with suction cups or hooks, so be mindful of opening and closing your windows to avoid losing them in traffic!
- Gift Wrap: Some drivers like to wrap their cars up like a present – we don’t recommend this decorating idea! It’s too easy for the wrapping paper to hit wind resistance and rip off, which can be a hazard to both you and other drivers on the road. Stick to bows and ribbons if you want to make your new Toyota look like a Christmas gift!
- Decals: A great option to get your new Toyota into the holiday spirit is to use decals that attach to the insides of your windows. They’re easy to both apply and remove – just make sure they don’t obstruct your vision where you place them so you have a clear view of everything going on around you!
Visit our family of dealerships for the perfect holiday gift!
We hope you have a great holiday season – if you want more tips regarding your Orlando Toyota drive time or are looking for the perfect gift, come down to visit our family of dealerships! Toyota of Orlando is located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall, and you can check out Toyota of Clermont west of the Florida Turnpike on State Road 50!