Are you a fan of finding amazing deals on used cars in Orlando? If you are, then you should definitely check out our Black Friday Sale – we’ve got killer bargains on all of our used makes and models this weekend. However, are you looking for something in particular and not sure which model fits the bill? We happen to have a super-sporty used Toyota Celica in Orlando at our family of dealerships right now… but what makes it such an exceptional buy, and why does it continue to be so incredibly popular eight years after it ceased to be produced?
Why was the Orlando Toyota Celica so incredibly popular?
The Orlando Toyota Celica first hit the market back in 1971; it was a sports car option that had features like a tachometer, rally stripes on its exterior, hood vents, and radial tires. However, it had the fuel efficiency and price tag of an affordable compact car! That’s part of what made it so incredibly well-loved, and Toyota only improved this remarkable car in the years to come. Here are some of the highlights from the history of this popular Toyota in Orlando!
- In 1973, Toyota took performance to a new level and added a 3-speed automatic transmission to the popular car to expand its appeal to a broader base of drivers.
- 1974 brought the GT model to the lineup! This new Toyota boasted a larger 2.0L engine that boosted power, as well as a 5-speed transmission – something that was still relatively unheard of at the time. You would normally only find this feature in luxury cars!
- In 1978 Toyota took comfort into account – they expanded the interior of all three available models to make more shoulder and headroom, as well as better lumbar support. You’d also find power steering on these models!
- In 1982 the 3rd generation of the Toyota Celica was brought to the table; it had a performance that was similar to the popular Toyota Supra, and yet was still incredibly fuel efficient AND affordable to make it a feasible option for everyone!
- 1991 brought a convertible version of the Toyota Celica in Orlando to the masses! This already-popular new Toyota was no available with a fuel-injected 2.2L twin-cam engine that produced 130 horsepower.
- 2000 brought even more power to the performance capabilities of this sporty vehicle, introducing a 1.8L 4-cylinder engine that cranked out 180 horsepower.
- 2001 then took things one step further when Toyota pushed the Action Package into the spotlight; it featured sporty enhancements like sport side rocker panels, a rear wing that was also adjustable, and an aero bumper. A subsequent Action Package in 2004 showcased a slick red leather trim inside, as well as fig lights and color-keyed headlamps!
- 2005 was the year we said goodbye to the Toyota Celica, but Toyota subtly pushed the Scion tC into its spot in the market; some refer to this new Scion as its heir with its similarly sporty style and appearance and affordable price tag!
See ALL of our sporty used cars today!
Why not see what the iconic Toyota Celica is all about? Visit Toyota of Orlando (888-725-3520) or Toyota of Clermont (888-590-6090) to see all of our stylish and performance-driven used car options… but hurry! This particular used Toyota at our family of dealerships will undoubtedly be gone before you know it!