Toyota is well-known for its innovative safety research; they even have an institute in Ann Arbor, Michigan that’s dedicated entirely to conducting safety research and working with other institutions on safety research collaboration. That’s probably why SEVENTEEN new Toyota in Orlando and new Scion options were named 2013 IIHS Top Safety Picks, including the amazing 2013 Toyota RAV4! To be named an IIHS Top Safety Pick is quite the honor, and we know the vehicles we offer at Toyota of Orlando and Toyota of Clermont are well-deserving of it. Which new Toyota and new Scion vehicles made the list? Here’s an overview:
- 2013 Toyota Prius c
- 2013 Toyota Yaris
- 2013 Scion FR-S
- 2013 Scion tC
- 2013 Scion xB
- 2013 Scion xD
- 2013 Toyota Corolla
- 2013 Toyota Prius
- 2013 Toyota Camry
- 2013 Toyota Prius v
- 2013 Toyota Avalon
- 2013 Toyota RAV4
- 2013 Toyota Sienna
- 2013 Toyota Tundra
- 2013 Toyota 4Runner
- 2013 Toyota Highlander
- 2013 Toyota Venza
New Toyota and new Scion in Orlando offer amazing safety technology
Each of these new Toyota and new Scion in Orlando has special safety features unique to it, of course; for example, the roof of the 2013 Toyota RAV4 can withstand a pressure five times its weight, thanks to the incredible redesign found on the 2013 model. However, they all have certain safety elements in common – you know you can count on Toyota!
- Toyota Star Safety System: The Star Safety System comes on each and every new Toyota and new Scion in our family. It’s basically a set of six safety features that were specially designed to work both together and separately to maximize the safety in your drive time. You’ll find an Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Smart Stop Technology, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution, and Brake Assist no matter which new Toyota or new Scion you choose to make your own!
- Advanced Airbag System: Many new Toyota in Orlando come with an Advanced Airbag System. This system is a strategic arrangement of a multitude of different types of airbags to keep you as protected as possible in the event of a crash!
- Lane Keep Assist: This unique feature helps you realize when your new Toyota in Orlando is veering out of its lane, alerting you and bringing you back into line before an accident or fender bender happens.
- Pre-Collision System: This safety feature is found on many of the family-oriented Toyota options, and it helps to prevent you from rear-ending the car in front of you by sensing when that vehicle is slowing and alerting you to do the same. It also helps you slow down by both decelerating your vehicle AND applying extra brake force!
- Hill Start Assist Control: Have you ever had to get your new Toyota started on a steep hill? It can be a little nerve-wracking – you don’t want to roll backwards as you get moving. This safety technology helps to minimize that effect and you can also opt for Downhill Assist Control, which keeps you from getting out of control in terms of speed when you’re driving down a hill!
Explore innovative Toyota safety technology at our family of dealerships
These are just a few of the innovative safety technologies you’ll find when you explore the new Toyota options at our Orlando family of dealerships. Why not come see everything in person so you can understand exactly why our vehicles are so deserving of the IIHS Top Safety Pick designations they’ve received? Toyota of Orlando is open now at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. Toyota of Clermont is opening soon and will be at 16851 State Road 50, just off the Florida Turnpike!