Just when you thought the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando couldn’t get any more appealing… surprise! This incredible sports car was named the top sports car pick for 2013 by Consumer Reports, and it’s no shock to our family of dealerships. We can barely keep it on the lot at both Toyota of Orlando and Toyota of Clermont, it’s such a popular option. Combining effortless style with a great performance AND an affordable price tag, this is one sports car you definitely don’t want to miss out on! Let’s take a closer look at this new Scion and its amazing achievements so far!
2013 Scion FR-S wins awards left and right
The 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando wasn’t just named the top sports car pick of 2013 by Consumer Reports; it’s also got a slew of other impressive accolades under its belt. You’ll find achievements like:
- Best Sports Car for the Money by US News
- Best of 2013 by Cars.com
- #1 Affordable Sports Car by US News
- 10 Best Cars of 2013 by Car & Driver
- 2013 IIHS Top Safety Pick
- Car of the Year by The New York Times
- Top Gear Car of the Year in 2012 by Top Gear
- SEMA Hottest Sports Compact
And more! Obviously, this new Scion in Orlando has something that its competitors are lacking. In order to be named a Top Pick by Consumer Reports, it had to meet certain criteria, including:
- Ranking at or near the top of its class in a special road test designed by Consumer Reports
- Perform well in safety tests, like rollovers and crash tests as designated by the government or the insurance industry
- Reliability ratings that are average or or better – these ratings are defined by data collected by Consumer Reports themselves
What makes the Orlando Scion FR-S so popular?
Obviously, this new Scion delivered on all accounts. However, what else does it have to offer that makes it such an exciting ride? Here are some of our favorite features on the new Scion FR-S!
- A flat 2.0L 4-cyl boxer engine under the hood, which lets the car sit much lower to the ground than other vehicles (which means your handling and maneuverability are significantly improved) and results in 200 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque
- A standard Pioneer Audio System with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity – this will soon be upgraded to a standard display audio system with touchscreen interface for the 2014 model year!
- A plush but sporty interior with dark fabric and contrasting red stitching, as well as sport bucket front seats and sport pedals. We also love the leather-trimmed steering wheel and paddle shifters on the automatic model!
There’s even a special edition out on the market – the Scion FR-S 10 Series! It comes standard with a push button start and display audio system, blue badges that light up, and a special paint color to take things up a notch.
Want to see for yourself why the new Scion FR-S is such a popular option and cleaning up the awards left and right? Come down to Toyota of Orlando (888-725-3520) or the new Toyota of Clermont (888-590-5090) today – they’re open seven day a week until 10pm!