When you put down the money for a new ride – whether you choose a used car or a new Toyota near Orlando – you want to make sure it lasts you for a while. While it’s key to ensure that you stick to a routine maintenance schedule so your vehicle can keep running in top-notch condition, you should also take care of its appearance! Protecting your car from the elements will also help it to have a long and healthy life, and you’ll be able to get more in terms of resale when you decide to sell or trade in down the road.
It’s easy to protect your new Toyota near Orlando on your own!
You can always bring your new Toyota near Orlando into our family of dealerships for detailing; our Toyota Service Centers can get everything taken care of for you if you don’t have time or supplies to do it yourself. However, maintaining your car’s appearance on a routine basis can easily be done at home – we got tips straight from our trained Toyota technicians on how you can proactively maintain your car’s looks!
- First of all, you should wash your new Toyota near Orlando regularly to get ride of dust, grime, and other buildup. This is especially true in lovebug season – if you leave lovebugs on your car for too long, it will actually eat your paint, resulting in some hefty touchups. Wash your vehicle with mild soap that’s specified for use on automobiles and if you want to avoid water spots, dry it by hand with a clean, soft towel.
- After your new Toyota near Orlando is dry, apply wax! You don’t have to apply wax too often – 2-3 times a year should suffice. Be sure to find a car wax that will protect your car’s paint from minor scratches as well as sun damage, something especially important to consider here in Central Florida.
- Shine your tires and clean your wheels; you want to get all dirt and brake dust off of them to keep them in tip top shape. You should also use a wheel degreaser, and be sure that any products you use on your wheels or tires are non-acidic.
- Don’t forget the interior! It’s as important to maintain the interior of your new Toyota as it is the exterior. You should vacuum and clean your mats – you can use a stiff brush or an air pressure hose to get dirt and debris out of the fabric. Next, wipe down all the surfaces in your vehicle using a protectant cleaner that will help to guard your car – especially the dash area – from the sun.
- If you’re going to clean the glass in your car which you should), use a specially formulated cleaner for automobile glass. If you use Windex or other household cleaners, you run the risk of ruining any tint on the windows!
Bring your new Toyota near Orlando in for a detail
It’s easy to keep your new Toyota both looking AND running great, but if you need a professional touch don’t hesitate to give either member of our family of dealerships a call! You can reach the Toyota of Orlando Service Center at (866) 945-0493, or call Toyota of Clermont at (866) 454-1614. Don’t forget to ask about our money-saving service specials!