The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is on – this incredible race takes place on the infamous mountain in Colorado, and gives brave drivers a chance to set amazing records around the 156 turns that the course encompasses (and scare the pants off eager onlookers). Scion is all set to make their mark this year – they’re sending the 2013 Scion FR-S, Scion tC, and Scion xD to take their shot at reaching the top! All three of these new Scion in Orlando will be heavily modified in order to take on the track, of course, but we’re excited that they’re making an appearance. These unique vehicles are definitely up for the challenge!
Learn more about the new Scion that will be taking on Pikes Peak!
Here’s a lineup of who will be captaining these modified Orlando Scion race cars:
- 2013 Scion FR-S: Robert Walker
- 2013 Scion tC: Takeshi Aizawa
- 2013 Scion xD: Andrew Comrie-Picard
As you well know, all three of these new Scion cars have hit the track before with great results. The Scion xD has even been used as a rally race car, not something you’d typically expect at first glance! However, let’s take a look at the BASE models – the models that you can find at both members of our family of dealerships. Both Toyota of Orlando AND Toyota of Clermont host the entire Scion family!
2013 Scion FR-S
- This new Scion is the most popular of the bunch – sorry, xD and tC. It’s an affordable sports car solution that was co-created by Toyota and Subaru, and it delivers on all accounts. It’s a rear-wheel drive vehicle for a little extra oomph, getting from 0-60 in 6 seconds and boasting a top speed of 140 mph – not too shabby for a car that has a starting MSRP of just over $25,000. The brand new Scion FR-S in Orlando also delivers an incredible amount of style inside and out – check out the sporty dual exhaust, aggressive low stance, sport trimmed interior and even paddle shifters on the automatic model!
2013 Scion tC
- If you’re looking for an economical sports coupe, say hello to the 2013 Scion tC! This sleek coupe is a fan favorite because of its affordable price tag, roomy interior couple with a stylish exterior, and cool standard features like a panoramic glass roof with a moonroof. It also showcases features like chrome-tipped exhaust and 18″ alloy wheels, and is available in a red-hot limited edition Release Series for the 2013 model year. Plus, it kicks off at around $19,000!
2013 Scion xD
- If you took versatility and translated it into a car, you’d find the new Scion xD waiting for you. This hatchback offers a degree of adaptability that’s hard to beat, with fold-flat seats and a roomy interior. It also has highlights like a Pioneer Audio System with Bluetooth wireless technology and HD Radio for an incredible listening experience. Did we mention the sporty rear spoiler and convenient cruise control woven in? Check it out today – it can be yours for around $17,000!
Take any member of the Scion family for a spin at our family of dealerships!
However, there ARE two more new Scion in Orlando for you to discover… so why not do it today? They may not be Pikes Peak ready, but they are excellent and super stylish ways to get around town. Visit Toyota of Orlando at 3575 Vineland Road, or check out the all-new Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50!