The rumors have been swirling at our family of dealerships – at both of our dealerships, customers and employees alike have been getting excited about the possibility of a new Toyota sports car! Well, we’ve got some good news… Toyota and BMW have come to a collaborative agreement to get things rolling on this amazing new vehicle! Each automaker will come up with its own version based on the research they conduct together, and we can’t wait to see what this new Toyota near Orlando has in store for us!
Is another iconic sports car the next new Toyota near Orlando?
Let’s go back to the beginning – basically, Toyota and BMW agreed way back in 2011 to join forces and work on projects like a new sports car, hydrogen cell technology, new body materials for vehicles (in order to make them more lightweight), and new technology for vehicle batteries. However, it seemed like the sports car project had gotten pushed to the backburner, with a study about the vehicle being concluded by the end of this year, but that was about it. However, recently Herbert Diess – the development chief of BMW – made an official statement that the sports car is underway! An agreement about the platform has finally been reached, so now these two automotive giants can put things into motion! Here are some of the speculations we’ve heard about this new Toyota sports car near Orlando:
- Toyota WAS considering making this incredible car a Lexus, as Toyota, Lexus, and Scion all fall under the same umbrella. It would have served as the follow-up to the Lexus SC, which is their exceptionally popular convertible model. However, it seems as if Toyota is leaning towards putting it under the Toyota brand (good news for us at our Orlando Toyota and Clermont Toyota dealerships!).
- This new Toyota would probably lean towards similarities with the Toyota Supra… can we just mention how excited we would be to see a successor to this iconic sports car? Yes, please!
- A concept is supposedly going to be released next month at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, so stay tuned – we’ll be sure to keep you up to date on the details surrounding this new Toyota!
This new Toyota may resemble the iconic Toyota Supra
Why are we so excited to see a Toyota Supra successor possibly heading down the pike? Basically, this sports car is one of Toyota’s most popular cars ever – hands down. We’re not the only ones who love it… here are some fun facts!
- The Toyota Supra traces its roots all the way back to the Toyota 2000GT, which may possibly be the coolest sports car of all time. It also shares history with the ultra-popular Toyota Celica.
- This performance-driven Toyota has been featured in video games and movies galore, including Grand Theft Auto, Forza Motorsport, and The Fast and the Furious.
- The Toyota Supra was so popular that it was in production from 1978 to 2002, before Toyota reluctantly retired it to its hall of fame standing.
Want more info on past, present, and future Toyota sports cars? Come to Toyota of Orlando (3575 Vineland Road) OR Toyota of Clermont (16851 State Road 50) to chat! We’ll see you soon, and stay tuned for more info on the upcoming sports car! Google