Check out the Florida Film Festival in April!
Hi, friends! We hope you had a wonderful weekend full of fun and relaxation! It’s Monday yet again, but that doesn’t mean you can’t think and plan ahead for the upcoming weekend! We always try to give you the scoop on what’s the hottest activity, and this post isn’t any different.
Are you a complete film junkie? If so, you’ll be pleased to learn that the Florida Film Festival will be taking place pretty soon! Starting on April 4, you’ll be able to go to the Enzian Theater in Maitland and partake in one of Central Florida’s most prestigious traditions!
What is the Florida Film Festival?
While people may think there’s not much to a film festival other than watching movies, this Florida festival has so much more to offer than the films being shown. Find out a little bit more about this prestigious fest!
- The first FFF took place in 1992 and has been hosted in the gorgeous Enzian Theater in Maitland ever since inception!
- The Enzian Theater is actually a non-profit, community-supported arts organization. The tickets that you buy when you go watch a film there account for only 25% of its operating financial plan.
- The festival itself is actually an Oscar-qualifying festival that premieres the very best films in independent cinema. Through the ten days in which the festival runs, about 170 films and events are enjoyed by film lovers from all over the world.
What can you expect this year from the festival?
As you can imagine, the festival is full of artistic films from all over the world. Only the best are showcased and selection tends to be quite distinguished. Check out what you can expect from the 23rd Florida Film Festival!
- You’ll have the opportunity to watch a various amount of different films such as documentaries, shorts, retro films, shorts, and Florida films among others.
- Special guests will also attend the prestigious event. They will be screening “GoodFellas” on April 12 from 11 am to 2:45 pm. The coolest thing about this is that Paul Sorvino, who played Paul Vario in the critically-acclaimed film, will be hosting a Q&A session after the screening of the film!
- Another cool aspect that you can expect from this festival is food (because who doesn’t enjoy a good meal)! A Sunday brunch buffet will take place April 6 from 11 am to 2 pm. Swing on by to the Enzian & Eden Bar, pay $13.99 for brunch and a mimosa and compare notes with your fellow lovers of film!
As you can see, this festival is really geared to those who love anything film! We’ve mentioned many times before just how proud we are of living in an area of the world that is so diverse! Single day tickets and package tickets are available through the festival website. Make sure you gather a group of friends and make your way to the Enzian starting April 4! The festival is expected to conclude on April 13.