Taking your furry friend for a ride in your new Toyota is an exciting experience for both you and your dog. However, dogs have a way of making a complete mess – especially when they’re super excited. The thought of all of that shedding and slobbering may deter you from letting your furry friend in your pristine new Toyota in Orlando. This doesn’t have to be the case, however, as you can protect the interior of your Orlando Toyota by dog-proofing it!
Protect your new Toyota in Orlando from Fido
If Fido is a regular passenger in your new Toyota, you may be used to dog hair in the back seat, nose smudges on the windows and the smell of dog all over! Instead of confining your pup to a crate, you can take some extra steps to dog-proof your new Toyota in Orlando and protect the interior from destruction.
- Cover your seats: You can start by protecting your back seats. To protect the seats, you can use a pet seat cover. You should use a seat cover even if you have leather seats, as fur can build up in the cracks and crevices. Plus, the seat covers will protect your back seats from water, mud and dirt.
- Protect your upholstery: If you don’t want to use seat covers, you should at least protect your seats with a water and stain-resistant upholstery guard. You can find this type of spray at our Toyota Parts Center. For maximum protection, we suggest getting a professional protective coating applied to the upholstery.
- Cover your floor mats: Fur and slobber have a way getting all over the inside of your new Toyota in Orlando, which is why you also want to have the floors covered. You can do this by covering the floors with plastic when Fido comes along for the ride. You can also get rubber mats that can catch liquid to replace the carpet mats.
- Protect your windows: If you have a smudged window from your dog’s wet nose and constant licking, we suggest using a glass coating. This is made to repel dirt and water from your window and keep it clear. If you want to go another route, you can cover your windows with plastic window guard sheets or clear plastic wrap.
- Get rid of the stink: It can be hard to get rid of the smell of dog in your ride, which is why you have to be proactive about it. You should keep plenty of air fresheners in your car; however, you don’t just want to mask the smell. Use air fresheners like Fabreeze that actually helps get rid of the smell.
Get your car detailed at Toyota of Orlando
If you want to keep the interior of your new Toyota immaculate, you may need to get it detailed by the professionals at our Toyota Service Center.
Find out what our auto service center can do for you by calling (866) 945-0493. You can also stop by our Toyota dealership in Orlando at 3575 Vineland Rd. or visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50.