If you’re a fan of the popular Toyota Highlander near Orlando, you know that this Toyota SUV has a lot to offer! Not only does it offer a dynamic drive time, but it offers some of the best features available on the market! This Toyota SUV has been around since the early 2000s and has become one of the more popular family-friendly SUVs on the market!
Like every popular vehicle, it has a rich history that has made it the phenomenal ride that we see today. Our family of dealerships wants to share the history of this award-winning Toyota SUV near Orlando – let’s check out the history of the Toyota Highlander!
The Toyota Highlander has an exhilarating history
You’d be surprised to learn that this new Toyota SUV near Orlando has a rich history. Like we mentioned, this Toyota has been around since the 2000s! With each generation, it’s been able to get greater and greater! Let’s take a closer look at how the 2015 Toyota Highlander near Orlando has gotten to where it is today!
Before we get into the specifics of the generations, here are some facts to keep in mind:
- The Toyota Highlander is technically considered a crossover, as it’s built on the frame of the best-selling Toyota Camry!
- This Toyota is considered to be the first crossover available in North America. This SUV opened up the market for a strong part of the automotive market!
- This SUV debuted with the 2001 model year, which means it’s been in the market for almost 15 years.
Now that you know important information about this popular Toyota, let’s get to know a little bit about the actual generations of this Toyota near Orlando.
Get to know this Toyota SUV near Orlando
This best-selling SUV has quite the history! Like we mentioned, it’s considered the first crossover SUV in the North American market. Take a glimpse at the generations of the Toyota Highlander near Orlando!
- The first generation was available from 2000 (for the 2001 model year) to 2007. This dynamic SUV came standard with front wheel drive and could be decked out with either a 4-cylinder engine or a 3.0L V6 engine! It was in 2004 that we first saw the optional third-row seating available, as well as a 3.3L V6 engine.
- The second generation ran from 2008 to 2013 and was a tad larger than the previous generation. This ride added more room in the interior and offered a larger cargo capacity. The only available engine in the 2008 model year was a 3.5L engine. In 2009, a 2.7L 4-cylinder engine was added!
- The current generation, the third one, made its debut in 2013! While it may be longer and wider than previous, but it’s not a boxy-looking as before. It comes decked out with the best features like Bluetooth wireless connectivity and more!
Come check out the Toyota Highlander today! We’re located at 16851 State Road 50 and can be reached at 888-590-6090! You can also visit our sister store at 3575 Vineland Road (888-725-3520).