Winter is officially here and although we don’t get any snow here in Central Florida, it can still be a dangerous time to drive. This is why Toyota of Clermont is sharing winter driving tips. With our winter driving tips, you can take on the roads in your Clermont Toyota this season safely.
Clermont Toyota dealership share winter driving tips
Like we said, we know we don’t get snow here in Central Florida; however, it can get frigid outside. What should you keep in mind when getting behind the wheel of your Clermont Toyota during the cold months? Here are just a few of our winter driving tips:
- Turn on your defroster: Before you hit the road in your Clermont Toyota, you want to make sure your windshield and windows are clear. Your car’s windshield can get frost on it when it gets cold outside, so turn on the defroster and wait until your view is clear before heading out!
- Warm up your car: Cold weather can put a strain on your car and it needs time to get going before doing anything strenuous! This doesn’t mean you should let it idle in your driveway, but you should go easy on it until it has a chance to warm up. Our advice is to keep your speed below 30 mph for the first few miles.
- Drive with caution: All-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are great features available in many cars to help you stay in control while on the road. However, you should never use these features as substitutes for driving with caution. Don’t just rely on your car to keep you safe – you also have to put in the work.
- Prepare an emergency roadside kit: You never know what can happen while on the road. This is why you should always keep an emergency roadside kit in your Clermont Toyota. This kit should include items like jumper cables, a blanket, snacks, emergency flairs, and extra tools!
- Know how to drive in snow: If you’re planning on traveling this winter to colder states, you want to know how to handle roads with snow and ice! When driving on slippery roads, slow down and brake gradually. You also don’t want to make any sudden movements, as your car can easily lose traction!
Prepare your ride for winter with proper car maintenance
It’s important to follow these winter driving tips when hitting the road, but what should you do to prepare? Take care of your ride with the right car maintenance for winter. Luckily, we make this easy at our Toyota Service Center in Clermont. Here is the car maintenance you may need for winter:
- Brake service
- Tire rotation and inspection
- New windshield wipers
- Radiator repair
- Check car battery
Want more safety tips? Check out our website or visit us at 16851 State Road 50, located between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27. You can also visit our sister store at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia. We hope these winter driving tips help you take on the cold months ahead!