Fog can be one of the most frightening weather conditions to drive through. It’s hard to see anything in front of you when you’re basically driving your new Toyota in Orlando through a huge cloud! Do you know what to do in this situation? There are certain dos and don’ts of driving your new Toyota in the fog. Knowing these can help keep you safe and sound while on the road. Toyota of Orlando is sharing some of our tips for driving when it’s foggy out!
Tips for driving your new Toyota in foggy weather
Don’t drive in foggy weather without knowing how to stay safe. This weather condition can be extremely hazardous, which is why we’re sharing safe driving tips for taking on fog in your new Toyota in Orlando!
- Use fog lights or headlights: The first thing you want to do is turn on the headlights or fog lights (if you have them). This will give your new Toyota in Orlando better visibility to others. Remember, everyone has a limited view when on the road with fog, so you want to make your presence known!
- Don’t use high beams: Although we suggest turning on your headlights, we don’t suggest using your high beams. The light will just reflect off the fog and make your view worse. Instead, use your low beams.
- Beware of slippery roads: Fog is wet, which can make the roads slippery. Fog can also freeze and cause ice on the roads (if you’re outside of Florida). This is why you want to proceed with caution and avoid slippery roads.
- Keep extra distance between other cars: If there are other cars on the road, you want to keep your distance. This is a precautionary measure in case they come to an abrupt stop. You never know what can happen while in your new Toyota in Orlando when the weather is less than ideal!
- Slow down: Like you should do when facing any dangerous weather condition in your new Toyota – slow down! If the fog is thick, you may not have a good view of other cars on the road. This means they probably can’t see you either. This is why you want to drive slowly and pay attention to everything that’s going on around you!
- Watch out for animals: Animals tend to feel more adventurous when cloaked under the fog. This is why you have to keep an eye out for them when hitting the road in your new Toyota in Orlando during fog. They’re going to be much harder to see, so try to avoid a tragedy!
Get more safe driving tips from Toyota of Orlando
Don’t venture on the roads in your new Toyota unprepared. Check out more safe driving tips on the Toyota of Orlando website. You can also find some safe Toyota options by visiting us at 3575 Vineland Rd. We’re located off I-4 near the Mall at Millenia. You can also visit our sister store at 16851 State Road 50, just west of the Florida Turnpike. We look forward to seeing you here!