You can always count on our Toyota Service Center in Orlando for a quick and affordable oil change. However, if you’re a fan of working on your own ride and enjoy getting down and dirty, you may want to do this car maintenance at home! If you’re looking for convenience, we’re definitely the people to turn to for an oil change in Orlando, but it’s definitely doable in your driveway if you’re willing to put in the work.
Why is an oil change in Orlando important?
If your vehicle hasn’t had an oil change in a while, don’t put it off any longer! Whether you bring your vehicle to our Toyota Service Center or you take care of it on your own, this Orlando car maintenance is super important for the health of your car! Clean oil is essential for your car’s engine to function properly, as it keeps the parts lubricated and cool. This is why vehicles typically need an oil change every 3,000-10,000 miles (depending on the vehicle and type of oil it takes).
How to perform essential car maintenance from your own garage
Like we said, getting an oil change in Orlando is cheap and convenient. If you want to save some extra money by doing it yourself, we can still help! We’re sharing easy directions on how to perform an at-home oil change. Before you get started, you’re going to need the right supplies, which include:
- A regular wrench and an oil filter wrench
- An oil drain pan and funnel
- A car jack
- New oil and an oil filter
Once you have all of these items, it’s time to get started. Here are our step-by-step directions for an Orlando oil change.
- First you’re going to want to jack up your vehicle. Check your owner’s manual to find out where you should place the jack.
- Then you should run the engine, as it’ll loosen the oil and help it drain faster. Turn off the vehicle after just a few minutes.
- Put the oil drain pan under the oil plug and use the regular wrench to pull out the plug. Wait for the oil to drain completely and then put the oil plug back in.
- Now, you can move on to the oil filter, which you’ll have to locate using your owner’s manual. Once you’ve found it, use the oil filter wrench to unscrew it and replace it with the new oil filter. We suggest you smear a little bit of the new oil around the gasket ring before screwing it in to create a tighter seal.
- Lastly, locate the oil fill hole and use the funnel to fill the reservoir with the new oil. Make sure you check the oil level using the dipstick to ensure you’ve filled it enough!
If you want this car maintenance done for you, visit our Toyota Service Center in Orlando today at 3575 Vineland Rd. Give us a call at (866) 945-0493 to set up an appointment or to ask any questions. You can also visit the Toyota of Clermont auto service center at 16851 State Road 50 or call (866) 454-1614.