Halloween is just around the corner, but costumes aren’t the only things you have to worry about. This holiday season can be fun for the whole family, but it can also be dangerous. With kids filling the streets in the dark of the night, you want to be careful when taking to the streets in your new Toyota in Orlando. You want to keep you and your passengers safe and keep an eye on the pedestrians. This is why our Orlando Toyota dealership is sharing safe driving tips you can follow when getting behind the wheel of your new Toyota this Halloween!
Stay safe this Halloween while driving your new Toyota
October is one of the most exciting months of the year, as there are so many fun things to do like going to haunted houses, exploring corn mazes, and go trick or treating! However, along with all of this fun comes responsibility! It’s important to be extra alert when driving your new Toyota in Orlando at this time of the year. Here are a few safe driving tips to follow to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Drive cautiously any time after 4pm! At this time of the year, it starts to get dark outside quicker, which means you won’t be able to see kids outside as easily. This is also the time when trick or treaters start to spill into the streets, so you want be careful!
- Driving cautiously includes slowing down! Make sure you’re following the speed limit and paying attention to pedestrians. You never know when a child can jump out in front of you. Don’t go around a car if you’re in a hurry, as it can be dropping off kids for trick or treating!
- You should also avoid distractions. This means you should put away your cell phone, so you can keep your focus on the road. You never know what can happen in that split second you look away from the task at hand – especially when it’s Halloween night!
- Don’t drink and drive! We know it’s a holiday and you might want to celebrate by having a few alcoholic drinks. However, you should adopt a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drinking and driving at any time, including Halloween! If you’ve had a drink, don’t get in the driver’s seat of your new Toyota in Orlando.
Keep your children safe when trick or treating on Halloween!
Along with all of our safe driving tips, we want to share a few pointers you may want to follow when taking your kids trick or treating. We want you to stay safe whether you’re in or out of your new Toyota in Orlando.
- Teach your children to look both ways before crossing the road
- Always travel in groups
- Give your children glow sticks and reflectors to make them more visible
- Teach kids to not eat candy until it’s inspected
- Tell children never to enter a house while trick or treating
We hope these safety tips help this Halloween! Stay tuned to our blog to learn even more ways to stay safe in your new Toyota. Toyota of Orlando located at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia. You can also visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50.