When driving with a baby in your new Toyota, proper restraints aren’t the only thing you have to think about. Along with having your baby in the right car seat, you want to make sure your tiny passenger is safe in the back. To ensure your child’s safety while in the back seat of your new Toyota near Leesburg, you should baby proof your ride. Just like you would take certain safety measures at home, you want to take certain precautions in your car! Our Toyota dealership near Leesburg is sharing tips for baby-proofing your new Toyota.
Get your new Toyota near Leesburg ready for children
If you’re ready to take home your bundle of joy, it’s important to first child-proof your car. Children are notorious to getting mischief whenever possible, which can be very dangerous. To avoid this, you want to be prepared. Here are some tips for child-proofing your new Toyota near Leesburg:
- Clear your back seat: The first thing you want to do is clear out your back seat and remove anything your child could grab. Babies will put just about anything in their mouth, which can be prevented. You definitely don’t want to have any small items in the back that your child could choke on or any harmful chemicals they can ingest. Move these items to the trunk of your car where your child can’t reach.
- Use a sunshade: You should also use a sunshade on the windows, especially when you have an infant in the back. This is because babies have sensitive skin and eyes. Getting your windows tinted can also help block the sun. We can take care of this auto service for you at our Toyota Service Center near Leesburg.
- Turn on the child locks: All of our new Toyota have the option of child locks. This makes it so that your child can’t control the windows or locks from the back seat. It’s a good idea to enable this feature, so that your child can’t open the door or get their fingers stuck in the windows. You’ll have complete control from the front seats.
Tips for driving with a baby on board
Your baby’s safety is important to us when driving your new Toyota near Leesburg. Along with our tips for child-proofing your car, here’s some other advice for to follow when driving with a baby:
- NEVER leave your child in your car alone – not only is this dangerous because they’re unattended, your car can reach deadly temperatures
- Drive cautiously – you have to think about your baby’s safety when taking to the streets, which is why we urge you to drive slower and follow all of the street signs to avoid accidents
Get more safe driving tips on the Toyota of Clermont website or by keeping updated on our blog. You can also stop by to check out our family-friendly vehicles at 16851 State Road 50 just west of the Florida Turnpike. You can also visit our sister store, Toyota of Orlando, at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia.