There’s a bad habit that’s sweeping the nation like an epidemic! More and more people are driving with distractions and putting themselves and others at risk. Nowadays, it’s easy to be distracted behind the wheel and not even know it. One distraction that you know you’re doing is texting while driving. Using your phone while behind the wheel of a new Toyota near Orlando is extremely dangerous and should never be done.
Texting while driving statistics!
There is staggering evidence that texting while behind the wheel of your new Toyota near Orlando is dangerous. Unfortunately, too many people do it and it needs to stop. Teens are more likely to text and drive but adults are guilty, too.
- 97 percent of teens agree that texting and driving is dangerous, but 43 percent of them do it anyway.
- 19 percent of drivers of all ages say they surf the web on their phones while driving.
- 77 percent of teens say they’ve had adults tell them not to text and drive but the adults do it themselves “all the time.”
It is important to remember to set a good example for your children and passengers in the car with you. Your children and teens can see you driving and texting and assume it is OK to do it themselves when they drive, because a person they look up to is doing it, too. Parents and adults have a strong influence over younger generations and should take it seriously.
How to avoid distracted driving in a Toyota near Orlando!
Toyota of Clermont wants to share a few tips with you to help you avoid distracted driving and stop texting while driving.
- Our new Toyota cars near Orlando have available technology that can make communicating while driving easier! Sync your cell phone with Bluetooth wireless connectivity to make calls safely and hands free! Some of our new Toyota vehicles have controls mounted on the steering wheel makes calling and controlling the audio even easier.
- Keep your cell phone out of sight and out of arm’s reach! If you can’t see it or reach it, you won’t be tempted to check it or use it. There is no text or call that is worth risking your safety or others!
- Have passengers text for you! Stays focused on the road and have a friend text someone from the safety of the passenger seat.
- Texting while driving is not the sole offense! Surfing the internet, checking emails or catching up on social media feeds is also not acceptable while driving.
If you have to make an important call or check your phone for emergencies, pull over and put your car in park. Once you’ve pulled off of the main road safely, you can retrieve your phone from the glove compartment or your purse.
Put an end to texting while driving! Check out our new Toyota near Orlando because they are packed full of safety technology! We’re located at 16851 State Rd. 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!