Life can be crazy and busy, and sometimes the condition of your car can suffer. Sometimes you basically live in your car. Back and forth to school, sports games and practices, the grocery store and all other adventures day to day life may hold. Kids, pets and just everyday use can start to make your Orlando pre-owned car look dingy or dirty. One part of your car’s interior that is affected the most is the car mats! The carpet mats are constantly stepped on, spilled on and who knows what else! After time, the mats are stained, dirty and may even begin to smell! Cleaning your floor mats is a way to detail your Orlando used car you just bought!
Just use your washing machine to spruce up your used car!
Keep your Orlando used car looking new and pristine with these steps to clean your car mats!
- Remove the carpet mats from the floors of your used car in Orlando. Some may just be able to remove easily, while others require unsnapping or unhooking them from the floor. Once you’ve removed all of the mats you want to clean, spread them out on your driveway or yard.
- Whether you buy it or make it, use the best stain remover you know of! Spray the stain remover on the mats specifically on the problem areas, but also all over the mats. Once you’ve sprayed all of the floor mats, let the stain remover sit and sink in for several minutes.
- Put them in your washing machine! Wash the mats like a normal load of laundry with detergent! Make sure not to overstuff the washer. It may require two separate loads depending on how big or how many carpeted mats you’re washing.
- Voila! Your mats should look as good as new! Once the mats are done washing in the washing machine, remove them and let them air dry. If you need them sooner rather than later, lay them out in the sun to dry.
Toyota of Clermont has tips for cleaning your floor mats!
If you don’t want to put your mats into the washing machine or they won’t fit, you can wash them right there in your driveway!
- Soak the floor mat generously with water from a pressure sprayer or even just your run of the mill water hose!
- Sprinkle and spread dry, granular detergent on to the mat. You don’t have to use a lot, just enough to cover most of the mats.
- Use a scrub brush, push broom or even your feet to scrub the mats ferociously!
- Thoroughly rinse out the mats with the pressure washer or hose until all the soapy suds are gone!
- Lay the floor mats out to dry in the sun, and put them back in your used car once they’re good and dry!
Boost the style of your used car with a freshly cleaned interior! If you want to have your vehicle detailed or buy new floor mats, visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Rd. 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!