“I could but esteem this moment of my departure as among the most happy of my life.” – Meriwether Lewis
Meriwether Lewis was commissioned by Thomas Jefferson to leave Missouri for the Northwest with William Clark. What was their mission? To explore!
On this day, 211 years ago, Lewis and Clark set out on a journey of a lifetime! During their little over two year exploration, they encountered harsh winters, tensions with native tribes and near starvation. Despite the elements against them, they managed to make it to the Pacific, claimed land and mapped the land they explored!
The Toyota Land Cruiser should have been on the journey
If Lewis and Clark were to redo their journey today, instead of boating down the Mississippi, walking around dense woodlands, or horse riding through the Great Plains, we’re pretty sure they would just drive a 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser near Orlando!
The new Toyota Land Cruiser is just the sturdy, tough vehicle Lewis and Clark needed for their journey. The 5.7 liter V8 engine would deliver the power they needed, and its 381 horsepower would have made their adventure a lot shorter than two years!
- When the land got a little rocky, the multi-terrain monitor would have showed them, on the eight inch display screen, their surroundings from the front, rear and side cameras.
- As the terrain changed under the tires, the multi-terrain select in a Toyota Land Cruiser near Orlando would increase the performance of the vehicle by control how the brakes lockup and the wheelspin.
- Underneath skid plates would protect the vehicle’s engine, suspension and fuel tank from the rough terrain! Even the stainless steel exhaust is built to avoid catching on Mother Nature’s obstacles.
During the expedition, the weather conditions got rough. Lewis and Clark wouldn’t have been worried because instead of building a fort, they could hunker down in their new Toyota Land Cruiser near Orlando. It comes standard with front and rear heated seats. No frostbite here because even the steering wheel is heated! The four zone climate control gives the perfect weather inside, no matter the conditions outside.
Adventure in a new Toyota near Orlando!
- Instead of suffering of starvation, Lewis and Clark could have just reached into their center console cooler to retrieve their beverages and food. Inside, drinks and snacks are kept cool and fresh!
- When Sacagawea, their trusty interpreter and guide, climbed in the backseat, she could watch movies on the rear seat DVD entertainment system with a nine inch display screen!
- Space for supplies and equipment isn’t a problem because of the 50/50 split fold third row seating and 40/20/40 split folding and tumbling rear seats! Get up to 43 cubic feet of cargo room for the clothing, food, weapons, mathematical instruments and more!
Interested in seeing America in a 2015 Toyota Land Cruiser near Orlando? Depart today with a new Toyota from Toyota of Clermont! We’re located on State Road 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27! Call us at (888) 590-6090 to schedule a test drive!