Stores are putting out school supplies, backpacks and all things “back to school!” While the kids may be dreading it, we know the parents are excited! No more driving the kids from place to place, friends’ houses to the beach, the mall to the movies! Until May, you only have to worry about driving them back and forth to school! While it’s a lot less work than being a summer taxi in your new Toyota near Orlando, there are still precautions you should be taking when bringing your children to school and picking them up!
Keep the kids safe while behind the wheel of your new Toyota!
When first getting back into the routine, kids (and parents) can get easily frazzled in the mornings so it’s important to be extremely cautious when driving! When taking the kids back to school this year in your new Toyota near Orlando, keep these safe driving tips in mind!
- Slow down! Pay attention to and observe speed limits while you’re transporting your children to school! Even though you may be running a bit late due to the peanut butter and jelly fiasco, it’s no reason to put you and your family at risk!
- Obey the speed limits in school zones. Reduced speeds in school zones are there for a reason! There are more pedestrians in the surrounding area of a school, so slower speeds create more reaction time for a car to stop for a child crossing the street.
- Get rid of all distractions! Avoid distracted driving by not doing anything else besides driving when you’re behind the wheel. Taking your eyes off of the road for just a second can increase your risk of hitting a child that was unexpectedly crossing the road.
- Backup smart! All vehicles have blind spots so it’s smart to reverse responsibly and ensure there are no children anywhere near your new Toyota before backing up! Some 2015 Toyota models near Orlando come standard with a backup camera that can help assist you when backing up!
- Always stop completely. When you arrive at a stop sign, do not roll through but come to a full and complete stop. Check both ways-multiple times- for children on sidewalks or crosswalks nearby.
- Keep an eye out for bicyclists! A lot of children ride their bikes to school, but many are inexperienced, unsteady and can be unpredictable. Drive slowly and keep passing distance between your new Toyota near Orlando and the bicycle.
Always use defensive driving techniques when driving a Toyota near Orlando!
Did you know that a pedestrian struck by a vehicle traveling 25 mph is two-thirds less likely to be killed compared to a vehicle traveling 35 mph? These six safe driving tips are designed to help not only keep you and your kids safe, but also those other 55 million children in the U.S. heading back to school this fall!
If you’re interested in driving a safe new Toyota near Orlando back to school this year, visit us at 16851 State Rd. 50, just between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!