The soon to be Hurricane, Tropical Storm Erika is quickly approaching our peninsula! As storm experienced Floridians we tend to relax and wait until it’s pretty much here to prepare. However, we at Toyota of Clermont want to make sure you waste no time and prepare for it. It’s always better to be safe than sorry! One key thing that people don’t pay much attention to is prepping their cars. There are precautions you should take! Let the Toyota Service Center in Orlando help you!
The Toyota Service Center in Orlando is open during convenient hours to able to accommodate to your schedule! During the week our trained Toyota Service technicians in Orlando are here from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, on Saturdays from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and on Sundays from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Since we are at the peak of hurricane season we want to share some tips on gearing up before Erika pays us a visit!
Get ready for Erika at the Toyota Service Center in Orlando!
- Prepare a go-bag! If you need to leave with short term notice be ready to head out and not leave precious belongings behind. Bring any and all valuables, important documentation and clothing for 3-7 days.
- Have an emergency kit! In it you should include yours and your family’s prescription medications, nonprescription medication, adhesive bandages and gauze, alcohol based products (hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol), antiseptic spray, eye drops and wash, gloves, scissors and tweezers.
- Do you have a pet? Pack for them as well! Bring blankets, liquid soap and disinfectant, garbage bags, pet feeding dishes, food for 3-7 days, extra collar and leash, and toys!
- Be insured and secure. Check with your insurance if you are covered for hurricane damages. If you don’t already have it, invest in a car safety system. AAA and OnStar are a good support to have when you need assistance on the side of the road.
- Make sure to have a safe and reliable ride! If you’re car needs any tune ups or checks the time to bring it in to Toyota Service in Orlando is NOW! The Toyota Service team in Orlando will check and fix anything needed. Have our Toyota certified technicians check your car’s:
- Windshield wipers
- Brake lining, pads and hoses
- Tire pressure and rotation
- Much more
- Beat the crowds and stock up on necessary items. Hit the gas station and fill up your tank. If you have a reserve canister fill it up as well! Buy perishable food items (things you’d normally eat) and plenty of water!
- Make sure your home is secured and designate a safety zone! Ideally park your car in a sheltered location or higher ground. Place masking tape on your car windows to prevent additional mess if they break. In case that you need to leave pre-select a route on a paper map, bring cellphone car chargers and flashlights!
Are you prepared for Tropical Storm Erika? Toyota of Clermont is!
Hurry on over to the Toyota Service Center in Orlando get your car ready! Call ahead and schedule a time so you won’t have to wait (866) 454-1614.