When purchasing a new Toyota near Orlando, you should be considering the entire true cost to own. Factors included in the calculation of true cost to own includes sticker price, financing, fuel costs, depreciation, auto repairs, and insurance! When calculating the true cost to own a new car, you can’t forget to include the cost of a monthly auto insurance payment. If you have questions about getting an auto insurance policy or why you need one, we’re sharing reasons why it is so important and tips on how to choose the right car insurance policy!
Why do you need insurance for your new Toyota?
If you’re purchasing a new Toyota from Toyota of Clermont, one of the first things you have to do is get it covered by a car insurance policy. Typically, you sign up for a policy while you’re buying the car before you even leave the dealership. Because of this, it’s important to already have an auto insurance company selected and a policy in mind.
When you’re searching and selecting a car insurance company and policy, keep in mind:
- You must have auto insurance coverage for your new Toyota near Orlando. Legally, all registered vehicles in Florida must be insured. While the amount of coverage differs from state to state, all motor vehicles must be covered by an auto insurance policy.
- Shop around! Get a quote from multiple insurance companies so you can find a policy that covers you best at a rate you can afford!
- Your rates will be affected by the car you choose. Insurance companies determine your rate based on multiple factors like: age, price, body style, engine size and safety features.
- Insurance companies also look at your driving record! Traffic tickets, auto accidents and driving violations on your record will be looked at by auto insurers. Traffic infractions and violations typically stay on your record for three to five years depending on the severity.
Get your insurance questions answered by Toyota of Clermont!
Have you found an insurance policy for your new Toyota near Orlando but you still have questions? We’re answering some common FAQs when it comes to coverage for your new car!
- “Do I have to create a new policy to add a new driver?” If someone else will be a driver of your car, you simply have to call your provider and add a new driver to your insurance coverage rather than cancelling your policy and starting a new one.
- “How long does an insurance policy last?” Typically coverage expires after a year, so mark in your calendar when your insurance is going to expire so you can renew it on time!
- “If someone else drives my car, are they covered?” When your vehicle is insured and someone else drives it, they will be covered under your insurance policy. In short, the insurance covers the vehicle not the person.
If you have more questions about getting auto insurance for your new Toyota near Orlando, give us a call at (888) 590-6090 or visit us at 16851 State Rd. 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!