Chilly weather is about to hit Central Florida, but it won’t be chilly enough for snow! While we don’t tend to get snow in our neck of the woods, we know that many of you travel to places where you do see snow! If you’re not familiar with driving in snow, it can be pretty daunting to travel in your new Toyota in Orlando while it snows!
If you’re not sure how to tackle driving in snow, no worries! Toyota of Orlando is sharing tips on how you can safely take on driving in snow.
Driving in snow is easy with our Orlando Toyota tips
Defensive driving is something you should always consider, but it’s especially important when it’s snowing! Practicing safe driving will help you and others around you stay safe in inclement weather. What should you do when you’re driving in snow in your new Toyota in Orlando?
- First of all, you should slow down! This is the first thing you should always do when you’re driving in extreme weather. Snowy conditions make the road slippery, which can be dangerous! Cold weather can also aid in the forming of ice on the road, making the road extra slippery. For these reasons, we suggest you take your time on the road when it’s snowing!
- Another tip? Don’t slam on your brakes if you need to slow down, as it can lead to losing control of your new Toyota in Orlando. Instead, you should pump the brakes gently until you come to a complete stop. If you were to abruptly hit the brakes, you can skid out and get into a nasty collision!
- When driving in snow, you should give yourself plenty of space from other cars around you. This is because you want to have enough time to brake should you need to do so abruptly. If you’re tailgating the car in front of you, you could get into a bad car accident with your new Toyota in Orlando! Just give yourself plenty of space so you can properly brake without getting into a hairy situation!
Get car maintenance to get ready for driving in snow
In addition to practicing defensive driving tips during snowy conditions, you need to make sure your ride gets car maintenance in Orlando! Being sure that your ride is up to date with auto service can assure you that you will be safe on the road! What are some things you need to keep in mind before you hit the snowy road?
- Get your car tires checked
- Receive an oil change
- Make sure your windshield wipers work
- Ensure that your car battery is in good condition
- Get your brakes serviced
This auto services will get your ride prepped for arduous winter driving, so don’t ignore them!
Luckily, our Toyota dealership and Toyota Service Center can help you get on the road! Visit us today at 3575 Vineland Road, near the Mall at Millenia. You can give us a call at 888-725-3520 if you have any questions!