While you may live in Central Florida, there are some essential skills all drivers need to know-like driving in snow! Since we don’t see any snow here in Florida, it’s nice to take a road trip past the Florida-Georgia line to see some frozen precipitation! If you’re already planning your winter road trip, make sure you’re planning on prepping your Orlando Toyota for snowy conditions!
Driving in snow can be safe with these helpful tips!
While we’re used to driving in rain here in Central Florida, driving in snow can pose different risks! Icy and snowy roads can be hazardous for any car, so it’s crucial you know how to drive safely in the snow. It may require changing your driving habits a little bit, but it’s important to stay safe behind the wheel while driving in snow!
- Slow down! Obey speed limits and drive at speeds that feel safe! Remember, the faster your wheels are moving the less traction your wheels keep with the ground. Driving slower allows your car to have more of a grip on the road.
- Don’t jerk the steering wheel or turn it too fast! Take turns and change lanes slowly so your back tires don’t slip and cause you to lose control of your car!
- Avoid slamming on the brakes! Fast and sudden braking is not only bad for your brake pads, but is dangerous when driving in snow. Brakes lock up and cause your tires to lose traction on the slippery road! Remember to maintain distance between your Orlando Toyota and the car in front of you; this allows for more reaction time if the car in front of you were to stop suddenly.
Get your Orlando Toyota ready for a snow-filled road trip!
Before you take to the road this winter for a snow-seeking adventure, have your car checked over at our Toyota Service Center! There are several auto services you should have your Orlando Toyota put through before you take it up north!
- Check the tires! Have our Toyota service technicians take a look at your tires to ensure they are properly inflated and balanced! It’s crucial to have your tires in tiptop condition as they are the only part of your car in constant contact with the ground.
- Don’t forget to replace your windshield wipers if they aren’t working well anymore! An important part of defensive driving in snow is having the best visibility possible. You need quality windshield wipers to rely on to clear snow and sleet from your view!
- Make sure your car battery is ready for the cold weather! Low temperatures can have an effect on the juice in your car battery, so have it tested at our auto service center in Orlando to ensure it’s ready for chilly conditions!
If you need to schedule auto service for your Orlando Toyota to get ready for driving in snow, give us a call at (866) 945-0493! For more information about road trips in a new Toyota, visit us at 2575 Vineland Rd., just off of I-4 near the Millenia Mall!