There are a lot of ways you can save money for the new year, including cutting back on expenses like eating out, cancelling that gym membership you never use, and car maintenance you can do yourself. That’s right! There are car maintenance tasks that your car needs routinely that you can do yourself. Instead of paying the costs of labor at an auto service center, you can keep some extra cash in your pocket by performing the auto service at home! What kind of car maintenance can you do at home? Our Orlando Toyota service technicians are explaining!
At-home auto service is easy!
So you’ve decided to take care of some auto maintenance yourself, but where do you start? There are a couple of cheap auto services you can do from the comfort of your own driveway, including:
Have you noticed a drop in performance in your vehicle? You may be in need of an engine air filter replacement! Our Orlando Toyota service technicians are explaining step-by-step how to do it yourself!
- Consult your the owner’s manual and locate the air filter box under the hood.
- Carefully open the lid of the box and remove the dirty filter.
- Replace the old filter with a new one and close the box back, making sure it is on tightly.
Does it seem like your windshield wipers are just pushing the water around rather than clearing it away? It’s time for a wiper replacement! You can do it yourself with these tips:
- Pull the wiper up and away from the windshield.
- Press the small tab underneath the blade to release the wiper and slide it off.
- Line up the new wiper blade and slide it into place, locking it in with the tab and clasps.
- Ensure they are on tightly and test them by turning on your windshield wipers.
Did you know you can change your oil yourself? It’s quick and easy! Our Orlando auto service technicians can teach you how!
- Safely jack up your car and locate the oil plug and oil filter.
- Place an oil pan underneath the oil plug and proceed to unscrew the plug. Allow the old oil to drain completely, this will take several minutes.
- Use an oil filter wrench to remove the old oil filter. Screw the new one back in, ensuring it’s on tight!
- Replace the drain plug tightly and add new oil to the oil reservoir under the hood until the fill line.
Leave it to the Orlando Toyota service experts!
If your schedule doesn’t leave you a lot of time to perform car maintenance yourself but you’re still trying to save money, we have the perfect solution! Visit our Toyota Service Center in Orlando! We have professionally-trained Toyota service experts who can inspect your car and get it back in tiptop shape in no time. The best part is, it’s affordable! We offer cheap routine car maintenance and auto service coupons. Save money and have your car running smoothly at our Toyota Service Center in Orlando!
To schedule an appointment at our Orlando car maintenance center, give us a call at (866) 945-0493!