If you’ve ever experienced a Central Florida summer, you know the heat can get intense. Summer is slowly creeping in, and the hot temperatures will be here before we know it. Luckily, we have the chance to escape the heat with air conditioning (A/C). Air conditioning is very convenient, especially in our cars. However, sometimes the A/C in your vehicle can malfunction and cease to work. If this has happened in your car, you should have it fixed before summer starts! You don’t want to be stuck in traffic, while the sun’s rays beat down on you and your car.
Orlando car maintenance tips for your A/C!
If you want to prevent your air conditioner from breaking during the heart of summer heat, you should use these Orlando auto service tips:
- Run your air conditioning at least ten minutes every day. While this shouldn’t be a problem here in Central Florida, you should keep in mind that your A/C should be turned on at least once a day to maintain the gas pressure in the system. If you really want to ensure you’re balancing out the pressure, turn the temperature as cold as it gets and the fan speed as fast as it goes.
- Use the defrost setting for a few minutes each day as well. It may not be necessary for visibility purposes, but it prevents mold and mildew from growing in your air conditioning system.
- Keep in mind that you should use your air conditioner in the winter, too. Even if just for a few minutes, the A/C will help remove humidity from the car and clear any fog on the windshield.
Fix your A/C at our auto repair center!
Facing a Central Florida summer without air conditioning in your car is miserable, especially when you can have it fixed quickly at our Toyota Service Center in Orlando! Our auto repair experts can have it back to keeping you cool in no time. Has the air conditioner in your vehicle given out? Here’s what the problem could be, according to our Orlando Toyota service techs:
- The compressor is faulty. If the compressor needs Orlando auto repairs, the refrigerant in the system cannot be compressed and circulated.
- The condenser has malfunctioned. Without a properly working condenser, the refrigerant doesn’t get changed from liquid to gas; and the heat cannot be expelled from the car.
- A broken evaporator. The evaporator transfers heat to the refrigerant from the air blown across it, cooling your car. You car won’t get cool with a broken evaporator.
- A refrigerant leak. If this substance is leaking, there is not enough of it for the compressor to compress.
Your air conditioning unit is a vital feature during Florida summers. If you need cheap auto repairs before temperatures really start to heat up, visit our Orlando Toyota Service Center. Our Toyota-certified auto technicians can get your A/C cooling in no time. They’ll check for leaks, diagnose the problem, and perform auto repairs!
To schedule auto repairs in Orlando, give our Toyota Service Center a call at (866) 454-1614 to make an appointment.