Big, big news on the Toyota front – the Scion FR-S has officially been retired, and the new 2017 Toyota 86 has arrived! This iconic sports car is available at both Toyota of Orlando and Toyota of Clermont, and we can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel and see what it has to offer you. Let’s take a closer look at what this affordable sporty ride can bring to your drive time today!
How is the Toyota 86 different than the Scion FR-S?
Let’s talk origins first. The 2017 Toyota 86 in Orlando is a revamped and rebranded version of the Scion FR-S. The Scion brand was retired officially this year, but Toyota decided to keep this popular sports car option around and absorb it into the Toyota brand (wise choice, in our opinion). So, what changed alongside the name? Here’s the scoop:
- The gear ratio in the manual models. You’ll now get a bit more horsepower to work with – 205 instead of 200.
- An interior decked out in Grandlux soft-touch material, as well as new seat upholstery and special silver stitching.
- A larger grille in the front for a more aggressive stance.
- A redesigned rear bumper.
- New LED headlights and turn signals.
- A new sport steering wheel capped with audio controls, as well as larger paddle shifters (in the automatic transmission models).
You’ll love everything about this affordable Orlando Toyota sports car
However, other than that you’ll still be getting the same incredible sports car performance, appearance, and technology that you found in the Scion predecessor! Here are some of our favorite features on the 2017 model of this affordable Orlando Toyota sports car:
- A 2.0L 4-cylinder flat engine that gets 200-205 horsepower and 151-156 lb-ft of torque – talk about performance capabilities. You’ll also love the flat Boxer-Four engine, which allows this sporty Toyota to sit low to the ground (and handle a lot more aggressively, too!).
- A starting price point of just $26,255, which is a pretty amazing price for an amazing sports car.
- A teched out interior including features like remote keyless entry, a backup camera, a 7″ display audio system, Aha Radio with over 10,000 stations, a USB port with iPod connectivity, Bluetooth wireless technology, HD Radio, and more!
- A super-sporty exterior trimmed with exciting features like 17″ twisted spoke alloy wheels, dual chrome tipped exhaust, muscular lines, a low stance, and SEVEN bombastic paint hues.
- An interior cabin that’s as lux as it gets – you’ll love the suede accents, silver stitching, sport bucket front seats, leather-trimmed steering wheel, and folding rear seatback that allows for more cargo space if necessary.
- More performance elements geared toward an exciting drive time, like a revised rear differential, vehicle stability control with an “off” mode, a six-speed manual or automatic transmission, sport-tuned front suspension, a rear sway bar, and a rear-wheel drive chassis.
- Fuel efficiency designed to keep your costs at the pump low – the Orlando Toyota 86 gets 24 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.
Hit the highway today and see what the new Toyota 86 can offer you – you can pick it up at both Toyota of Orlando (888-725-3520) and Toyota of Clermont (888-590-6090) today! Both stores are open and waiting until 10pm!