Did you leave your house to face a foggy sky and a cluttered highway this morning? Central Florida was greeted with a layer of fog and it sometimes causes a backup of traffic! This is because oftentimes people do not know how to handle driving in fog. If you are one of those or you need a refresher, our Orlando Toyota dealership is providing you with easy safe driving tips for driving in fog!
Drive a safe new Orlando Toyota
One of the first steps for safe driving in fog is to be behind the wheel of a safe vehicle. At Toyota of Orlando, we have a giant selection of new Toyota vehicles that are built with high quality materials that make them durable and able to protect you and your family. These vehicles also have the latest and greatest safety features and systems, including:
- Toyota Star Safety System
- Advanced Airbag System
- Pre-collision system
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Lane Departure Alert
- and more!
Our new Toyota vehicles also have LED projector headlights that glow bright and stand out. These flashy headlights are not just a fashion statement. They are also great for making your car more visible in poor weather conditions like fog!
Take on driving in fog like a pro!
Once you’re behind the wheel of a safety-conscious vehicle like a new Orlando Toyota, it’s time to get on the road and into the fog. Driving in fog can be dangerous because not only does it affect your visibility, the moisture from the fog also creates slippery conditions on the road. Drive safely in this pesky weather with safe driving tips like:
- Turn on your headlights! Headlights not only allow you to see what’s in front of you, they also allow other drivers to see your vehicle through the misty fog.
- Use your windshield wipers and defrosters. When fog clouds your windshield, switch on your windshield wipers to clear the glass and your line of sight.
- Slow down and keep a safe following distance. If you’re not able to see the car in front of your Orlando Toyota, drive slowly and keep space between you and the car in front of you so you have more reaction time in case of sudden stops.
- Use the painted lines on the side of the road as a guide.
If for some reason you need to stop your car and get off of the road, make sure you pull far off of the road to a safe stopping place. It’s important that you turn off your headlights and keep your foot off of the brakes while you’re stopped. These lights could confuse other drivers and cause them to drive off of the road.
Don’t be nervous next time you have to face driving in fog! Use Toyota of Orlando’s safe driving tips and make it to your destination safely. For more safe driving tips or to get behind the wheel of a new Toyota in Orlando, visit us! We’re located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off of I-4!