You’ve done it! You’ve found a used car that fits your wants, needs and budget. You’re quickly falling in love with this car, but don’t hand over the cash quite yet. Before you sign and pay for a pre-owned car, it’s important that you inspect it. Inspecting a used car in Orlando consists of examining the interior and exterior of the car for damages and issues that could affect your purchasing price or decision. Do you know how to inspect a used car?
Toyota of Clermont has tips and tricks for you! Avoid buying a lemon car or a car you’ll be unhappy with, by checking every nook and cranny.
Used car inspection tips
When you’ve got a pre-owned car set in your sights, it’s time to inspect. When you’re examining a pre-owned car prior to purchase, you should:
Inspect the exterior
- Paint -Check the exterior paint job for nicks, dents or chips. You should also check for rust spots or repairs. If a car has rust spots, it could spread and deteriorate the body of the car.
- Glass -Take a close look at the windows and windshields for chips or cracks in the glass. Cracks have a tendency to spiderweb and put your entire window or windshield at risk of breaking.
- Tires -Don’t purchase a car with worn or bald tires. Safe tires have a significant amount of tread depth, that allows you to keep traction with the road. If the tires aren’t bald, ensure the tires were properly maintained by checking for even wear.
- Suspension -Does the car sit evenly? A car with a blown suspension is going to be an uncomfortable ride and an expensive auto repair.
Inspect the interior
- Air conditioning– Here in Central Florida air conditioning is a must. Check the heating and cooling system to make sure it will keep you comfortable out on the road.
- Audio system -Check knobs and buttons, the AM/FM radio, CD player and other entertainment features to ensure they are in working condition.
- Seats and upholstery -Look closely for rips, tears, and stains in the interior. Check the backseat for odoriferous stains or tears that are not aesthetically appealing.
- Carpeting -Inspect the flooring for dirt and grime that may be set in.
Don’t invest in a car that you’re not going to love! Look hard and everywhere when you’re inspecting a pre-owned car in Orlando!
Orlando pre-owned cars are top notch!
If you’re interested in buying a pre-owned car you can feel happy with, shop our best used cars in Orlando! We have a variety of pre-owned cars in different makes and models, all with affordable prices! You can rest easy knowing our pre-owned cars are safe because they’ve been through a 160-point safety inspection and have been looked over thoroughly. We only sell vehicles that will uphold to our high standards.
If you’re interested in finding an Orlando used car that will pass your inspection, visit us! Toyota of Clermont is located at 16851 State Road 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!