Is your last year of high school about to begin? Maybe it’s your child’s last year of high school that’s about to start. Either way, you must be anticipating the big change to college in the coming months. One of the most exciting parts about graduating high school is picking the school you’re going to be attending next. When choosing a university or college, it depends a lot on the academics, athletics, amenities, and the campus of course! Now that school is about to be back in session, it’s time to start applying and deciding where you or your teen will attend college! Luckily, there are a lot of great college campuses to explore and choose from in Florida.
Florida’s best college campuses
Whether you want to stay local or venture upstate, there are beautiful college campuses all across the state! These colleges offer top-notch degree programs and life-long memories for all those who attend! Check out some of the first-rate Florida college campuses:
University of Central Florida
Home of the Knights, the University of Central Florida is located right here in Orlando! UCF has one main campus and multiple satellite campuses across several counties! They have hundreds of degree programs to choose from so you can get started on your dream career. On UCF’s main campus you’ll find the:
- Student Union – where students eat, study, meet, and relax.
- Brighthouse Stadium– where the UCF Knights football team takes on the competition!
- CFE Arena – where shows, plays, and events are held almost daily.
- Memory Mall – a place for students to enjoy the outdoors on the grass or to tailgate during football season!
University of South Florida
If you love the city of Tampa, then you should take a tour of the University of South Florida! Explore the wide-spread campus where Bulls roam freely! USF offers places and sights like:
- Marshall Student Center – students enjoy restaurants like Panda Express and Papa Johns, study for tests and exams, and get to catch a comedy show sometimes!
- Moffitt Cancer Center – one of the top cancer research and treatment facilities in the country.
- The USF Sun Dome – USF Bulls basketball players compete at the Sun Dome! Concerts and events are also held here!
Florida State University
Have you always been a Seminoles fan? Now you can become one! Take a tour of the campus of Florida State University to check out things like:
- Robert Manning Strozier Library – students visit the historic library on campus to read up, study, and work on projects during the semester.
- Doak S. Campbell Stadium – take a tour of the stadium where the magic happens during football season!
Get excited for back to school!
Soon the bell will ring and you or your student will be back in the classroom, listening and learning. But before that happens, make sure they’re ready to take on their senior year with excitement for college! Taking a college campus tour will help get you or your child ready for the school year and ready to start applying for their favorite colleges.