To celebrate Flag Day, the Orlando Automotive Family has decided to talk about Toyota and its impact in the United States. The history of the Toyota Motor Company is one that is full of ingenuity and dedication. Starting in the 1930s in Japan, the automaker made its way to the United States in 1957 and established Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc.
Ever since 1957, Toyota’s commitment to the United States stretches across multiple sectors including research and development, manufacturing of Toyota cars, sales, and more. Toyota remains as a strong force as ever in the United States today.
Toyota cars are the product of commitment to the U.S.
Toyota has some pretty remarkable stats in regard to its operations in the United States. With a devoted team and multiple facilities supporting the idea of keeping consumers satisfied and coming back for more, it’s no surprise that there is such an emphasis put on dedication. After all, the United States has helped Toyota become a global brand. Here are some of those impressive stats:
- By 2016, over 2.4 million Toyota cars had been sold in the U.S.
- 25 million Toyota cars have been built on American soil.
- There’s a $27 billion dealer investment with more than 1,500 Toyota and Lexus dealerships in the country.
- Toyota has had a manufacturing presence in the United States for over 31 years. Manufacturing and production takes place all over the country. States where these plants are located include: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia.
- The amount of money that has been used to purchase parts and material in the U.S. is over $37.6 billion.
- Over $1 million is invested in R&D every hour. Thanks to this commitment to making the best Toyota cars that they can, Toyota has received more patents than any other automaker in the world since 2009. Toyota has design, research, and development teams located in Arizona, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, and New York.
American made Toyota models in Orlando
Now that you know that Toyota cars are manufactured in the United States, you should look into buying one the next time you’re looking for a new car. Some of the cars that we sell in Orlando that are made in America are:
- The Toyota Sienna
- The Toyota Highlander
- The Toyota Avalon
- The Toyota Corolla
- The Toyota Tacoma
- The Toyota Tundra
- The Toyota Camry
- The Toyota Sequoia
Visit one of the Orlando Automotive Family’s dealerships in Orlando today to see these American built cars in person. Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. Toyota of Clermont is located at 16851 State Road 50 in between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27. We can’t wait to see you there!