It’s that time of year once again. The temperature is rising and so is the humidity. That’s why it’s so important to have your air conditioning in working order! If there are any problems, you definitely should look into having auto AC repair work done. The Orlando Automotive Family’s dealerships in Orlando have well equipped service centers to help you fix and maintain your car’s A/C.
Signs that you need auto A/C repair
Usually your A/C won’t stop working suddenly, there’ll be warning signs to let you know beforehand. We might write off these signs as things that we can get over or not serious, but that’s not the case. Be sure if you see any of these signs, you get auto AC repair at one of our Orlando service centers.
- Weird smells – If there are any change in smells, this could be an indicator of mold or dirty air filters. You can have these filters changed and your hoses and vents checked for mold when getting auto A/C repair done.
- Hot air instead of cold air – If you’re experiencing hot air when you turn on the AC, that defeats the entire purpose of that feature! This usually means that there is a clogged tube or vacuum leak. Our teams at our Orlando dealerships would have no problem getting your A/C in working order.
- Change in airflow – While there is no “standard” in airflow, you can definitely tell when the airflow in your vehicle is weaker. A weaker airflow could mean that you have a loose hose, but it could also mean that there could be a buildup of mold and mildew. If you continue to have a weak airflow, we recommend bringing in your car to get an inspection by our Orlando service teams.
No one wants to have a summer day getting auto A/C repair instead of having fun. We have a couple of suggestions to keep your car’s A/C running.
- Keep up with routine maintenance – This allows our techs to give multi-point inspections whenever you bring your vehicle in. They could catch a problem before it gets worse.
- Running your A/C consistently – Even when it’s cooler outside, running your AC for at least ten minutes a week maintains your gas pressure and keeps things running smoothly.
- Turn on your defroster – Turning on your defroster at least once a week will prevent mold and mildew from building up inside the A/C unit. That was your unit stays in great condition and won’t need auto A/C repairs anytime soon.
Interested in having your car’s A/C looked at? Visit us at either one of our dealerships! Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. Toyota of Clermont is located at 16851 State Road 50 in between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27.