The temperature is rising, and so is the need to look after your car. The Orlando Automotive Family knows that you want to keep your Orlando car looking great, which is why we have come up with a guide to auto detailing so you can keep both the inside and outside of your vehicle spick and span.
Easy to manage exterior auto detailing tips
The phrase “auto detailing” might seem a bit intimidating, but it’s not. You can easily protect the paint on your vehicle by following some simple tips that utilizes items that you can find at either of our dealerships’ parts store.
- Wash your car. It’s important to wash car regularly, especially during the summer season. We recommend washing your car once every two weeks to make sure that you wash away any debris, dirt, or pollen.
- Wax. Investing in a good wax from our Toyota of Orlando parts store will help protect your paint from the harsh rays from the sun. We recommend waxing your car three to four times a year.
- Window cleaning. Make sure to use an ammonia-free glass cleaner when cleaning your windows. A glass cleaner with ammonia could cause damage to any tint and could possibly leave a smell.
Cleaning the interior of your Orlando vehicle
Just because you’re cleaning the outside of your car doesn’t mean you should neglect the interior! Anything can happen that can cause a mess inside of your car. Here are some auto detailing tips to ensure that the inside of your vehicle is just as polished as its exterior.
- Floor mats. Floor mats probably get the most dirt on them than any other area of your Orlando vehicle. When cleaning, it’s best to remove them from your vehicle before thoroughly cleaning them. We also suggest giving them a nice shake to remove any debris.
- Vacuum. Vacuuming ensures that you get everything from dirt to the stray French fry. We think that finding a vacuum with a hose attachment will be your best bet in getting as much debris as possible.
- Stain removal. Sometimes you just can’t get to a mess quick enough, or you don’t even notice it. But now you have a stain on your seat so now you’ll just have to live with it, right? Wrong! A trick to use when it comes to stains in club soda. Just use a cloth and pat the stain, applying the club soda to lift the stain.
- Dust and dirt. In addition to vacuuming, a trick to getting dirt out of those hard to reach spots is using a can of compressed air.
Looking for more advice on auto detailing or looking for supplies? Visit one of our Orlando dealerships today! Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall and Toyota of Clermont is located at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike.