Combining utility and style to mimic the balance of your everyday life, Toyota has released details on their FT-4X concept vehicle. This four-wheel drive-capable vehicle debuted at the New York International Auto Show. The Orlando Automotive family has your first look into this futuristic crossover.
Crossover between cities and trails
Targeted to millennials, the Toyota FT-4X concept car grants those stuck within city limits the chance to escape. There isn’t time to plan long, thoughts out trips – you just don’t have the time! The FT-4X can adapt to whatever environment you put it through, whether it’s the concrete jungle or closer to the real thing. Some features include:
- Removable interior pieces. This ensures that you can get as much space as needed whenever you need it. One of these pieces includes the audio system.
- Navigation. No need to worry about a separate GPS. The FT-4X comes equipped with a socket that sits atop the digital gauge cluster.
- Vast amounts of storage. Not only is there plenty of space for all of your cargo, the Toyota FT-4X includes some specialty storage bins. On the inside of the Multi-Hatch, there are two storage boxes, one cold and one warm, where you can store anything from food to blankets.
- Design by Toyota’s CALTY Design Research. CALTY created a design that represents everything the FT-4X is about, a rugged charm that places a value on capability, durability, simplicity, and Toyota lineage.
- Boom box. A boom box is built into the dashboard, to satisfy all of your music listening needs.
Futuristic and rugged
- Vivid orange exterior paint color. To make sure that everyone sees you coming, inspired by a mountain-climbing carabiner.
- 103.9-inch wheelbase. To perform on and off asphalt.
- Sleeping bag. A North Face sleeping bag doubles as an arm-rest
- Water bottles. Water bottles are built into the front and rear doors as the handlebars.
- Flashlight. A ceiling-mounted light in the rear can be removed at any time and be used as a flashlight.
- GoPro. A GoPro Hero5 Session camera is built into the driver-side rearview mirror
- Multi-Hatch. The Multi-Hatch in the rear opens two ways for two separate modes
- Urban Mode. Opening the Multi-Hatch horizontally, this is the perfect mode for loading gear into the car such as your weekly groceries.
- Outdoor Mode. Opening the Multi-Hatch vertically, this creates a shelter from the elements.
While there isn’t an official release date for the Toyota FT-4X, the Orlando Automotive Family dealerships are stocked with vehicles that suit your need. Whether that’s something sporty like the RAV4, or something more suited for city life such as the Avalon.
Visit our Toyota of Orlando dealership located at 3575 Vineland Road just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall or our Toyota of Clermont dealership located at 16851 State Road 50 just off the Florida Turnpike today!